Friday, January 9, 2015

An "Epidemic"

I'm a fattie, folks. I guess I don't look it, but I am most definitely at 250 pounds. FSM, that's a lot of weight.

But you know, I don't go around telling skinny girls that they need to 'eat a cheeseburger' (my thinner girlfriends can mostly out-eat me). I don't tell larger girls that they need to back off from the Ho-Hos and the all-you-can-eats. Eat what the fuck you want, when you want.

I enjoy food, folks. I love me some fresh greens and veggies and fruits and lean beef and pork and grilled chicken.

But I can tear the hell out of a pepperoni, mushroom, and extra cheese pizza. A good Chinese buffet? Prep the beef n broccoli. And don't get me started on the occasional Big Mac. 

I eat all these foods in moderation -- I don't have three Macs every time. Pizza, I try to eat only a 1/4 of the pizza (saving the other 1/4 for lunch the next day).

I don't understand the need to belittle someone else for their choices. Yes, you can be overweight from diabetes (the Type-2 kind). Yes you can be overweight from a thyroid issue. But this is 20-25 pounds, not 200-250. 

The other thing? Dress like you give two shits about yourself. If you don't, get some help for that. This leads into other things, but that's a completely different blog post.

Sorry. My vent is over.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment